Ready...Set...Hike! It's time to start prepping for Superbowl Sunday--the one day of the year where Americans can pile their plates with nachos, hot dogs, guacamole, pizza, and pretty much anything fried in oil, without judgement and without shame. I. Love. It. Buuuuut, if you're looking for some healthier options, or just something cute and festive to add to the snacking area, check out these adorable football strawberries that I whipped up today. 5 minutes tops. No joke.
What you'll need:
1 Pkg. of fresh strawberries
1 cup of bakers milk chocolate (my favorite brand is Ghiradelli)
1/2 cup of bakers white chocolate
1. Line a cookie sheet with saran wrap.
2. Rinse strawberries under cold water and pat dry.
3. Heat 1 cup of milk chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir. Continue this in 30 second intervals until melted (careful not to overheat!!).
4. Dip strawberry in melted milk chocolate, then place onto saran wrap. Continue until all strawberries are dipped in chocolate.
5. Heat 1/2 cup of white chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir. Continue this in 30 second intervals until melted.
6. Cut small tip off of bottom corner of a ziplock bag. Pour white chocolate into bag and pipe football pattern onto strawberries.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
TIP: You can also buy the colored melting chocolate (available at Michael's and JoAnn's) in your team's colors for more team spirit!